Sunday, January 1, 2012

BGR training done, now Weatherwatch...

Happy New Year!

My training is now done and dusted for my winter Bob Graham round.

I started keeping a training diary at the beginning of October 2011, and my totals to the end of December are 470 miles run with 114,805' of ascent and descent.

That's not far off the usual recommendations of 40 miles a week and 10,000 of hills. I've never run so much over such a period of time, and as the weeks have gone by, I've found I've enjoyed running more and more.

One thing is for sure, is that post BG I'll try and keep at it. Already I have my eye on some other longer events.

A few days of rest now and weather permitting I'll be leaving the Moot Hall in Keswick at 8pm on the 6th of January.

I've set up a twitter feed for my helpers to add updates enroute if you're interested. @RichpipsBGR

No comments:

Post a Comment